Missing the Mark
I just had something revealed to me that has created a huge shift for me. All the little pieces and parts of this have been floating around, magnetized to me....drawing ever near...and finally today I have been able to pull them down and assemble them.
I am a member of the Goddess Circle at Sacred Space. This has been one of the most profound energies and experiences of my life. This so complimented my journeying and my life's work that I'm not sure how I'd be now if I had not brought it in. Today, though the Goddess energy has brought something full circle for me.
Almost a year and a half ago when we started the Goddess group, we each received a Goddess identity. My Goddess was Selene....sometimes also known as Diana. Some of you might know that Diana is an archer. I deeply resonated with her. She helps me focus my intentions. She is a goddess of the woodland and protector of the innocent. This is me. I consider myself to be a spiritual warrior. This goddess carried a bow. It works. I pulled many pieces together about the messages that this archetype had for me. She facilitated great healing and strength. Yet today, she gives me one more piece of my puzzle.
A few days ago I facilitated my first Goddess Circle. I did this for a group of woman from WOVA (Women of Vision and Action). On that day I drew cards for guidance....At the center I got Nematona (She advised me to build a medicine wheel) Of course that is exactly what I was going to do at the ceremony, however, I had huge concerns of my ability to bring in the sacred in such an informal setting. She let me know I had nothing to worry about. Then I drew my beloved, Diana....she admonished me to focus! Focusing is really key for me. I want to do it all, my mind is so full of creativity that I can have difficulty focusing...so this is well taken advice.
When I got to the circle, my dear friend, who invited me to do the circle was talking to someone and she mentioned that she heard something really interesting today....and that was that the word "sin" means in Greek to "miss the mark". This bit of information thoroughly intriqued me....and I couldn't wait to verify it for for myself and to find out even more info about it. This is my M.O. When someone gives me intriquing information I oracle it on the internet.
Well I didn't get the chance to do that until today. But all this time, this thing about sin being simply missing the mark has been coming up all over the place. In fact it has come up so much, that is what prompted me to oracle "it". So today, you can imagine my awe when I not only found that this meaning is absolutely true, but most amazingly the term "sin" meaning missing the mark is an actual Greek archery term. When an archer would miss the bullseye the scorekeeper would yell "Sin"!...meaning they had missed the mark.
This has great meaning for me. Especially since I have held this Goddess energy in my heart for almost 2 years...and I am just now putting this piece together. It is so right and so fitting. And it is exactly what I need to not only remember, but know in my heart of hearts. All of my mistakes are missing the mark....misfires....calibrations for future improvement. Diana wants me to know that if I focus....I will make my mark. How many times did I read that and never fully understand it until just now. It isn't that I didn't relate to it....it's that the expansiveness of the message has unfolded even more for me today. I think, at least at this moment with this I am finally making the mark.
Bless you all,
She Who Weaves the Web
I am a member of the Goddess Circle at Sacred Space. This has been one of the most profound energies and experiences of my life. This so complimented my journeying and my life's work that I'm not sure how I'd be now if I had not brought it in. Today, though the Goddess energy has brought something full circle for me.
Almost a year and a half ago when we started the Goddess group, we each received a Goddess identity. My Goddess was Selene....sometimes also known as Diana. Some of you might know that Diana is an archer. I deeply resonated with her. She helps me focus my intentions. She is a goddess of the woodland and protector of the innocent. This is me. I consider myself to be a spiritual warrior. This goddess carried a bow. It works. I pulled many pieces together about the messages that this archetype had for me. She facilitated great healing and strength. Yet today, she gives me one more piece of my puzzle.
A few days ago I facilitated my first Goddess Circle. I did this for a group of woman from WOVA (Women of Vision and Action). On that day I drew cards for guidance....At the center I got Nematona (She advised me to build a medicine wheel) Of course that is exactly what I was going to do at the ceremony, however, I had huge concerns of my ability to bring in the sacred in such an informal setting. She let me know I had nothing to worry about. Then I drew my beloved, Diana....she admonished me to focus! Focusing is really key for me. I want to do it all, my mind is so full of creativity that I can have difficulty focusing...so this is well taken advice.
When I got to the circle, my dear friend, who invited me to do the circle was talking to someone and she mentioned that she heard something really interesting today....and that was that the word "sin" means in Greek to "miss the mark". This bit of information thoroughly intriqued me....and I couldn't wait to verify it for for myself and to find out even more info about it. This is my M.O. When someone gives me intriquing information I oracle it on the internet.
Well I didn't get the chance to do that until today. But all this time, this thing about sin being simply missing the mark has been coming up all over the place. In fact it has come up so much, that is what prompted me to oracle "it". So today, you can imagine my awe when I not only found that this meaning is absolutely true, but most amazingly the term "sin" meaning missing the mark is an actual Greek archery term. When an archer would miss the bullseye the scorekeeper would yell "Sin"!...meaning they had missed the mark.
This has great meaning for me. Especially since I have held this Goddess energy in my heart for almost 2 years...and I am just now putting this piece together. It is so right and so fitting. And it is exactly what I need to not only remember, but know in my heart of hearts. All of my mistakes are missing the mark....misfires....calibrations for future improvement. Diana wants me to know that if I focus....I will make my mark. How many times did I read that and never fully understand it until just now. It isn't that I didn't relate to it....it's that the expansiveness of the message has unfolded even more for me today. I think, at least at this moment with this I am finally making the mark.
Bless you all,
She Who Weaves the Web

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home